csr at work

As a community-owned electric utility, we exist only to serve our customers, and we pride ourselves on responding to your power needs as quickly as we can.

To report an outage, call 1-888-456-7683

For most other needs, contact Customer Service.

  • For residential customers (English): 1-888-742-7683
  • For residential customers (Español): 1-866-651-4420
  • For business customers: 1-877-622-7683
  • TDD number for the hearing impaired: 1-916-732-6630; after business hours, 1-916-732-5596.

Energy efficiency loan contacts

  • For existing loan customers: 916-732-5081
  • To apply for a new loan: 916-732-5472

SMUD's regular business hours are as follows:
Customer phone service - Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Customer lobby service (6301 S Street) - Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Business offices - Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

E-mail us at customerservices@smud.org

Connect with us online for more information on programs, news and energy-related topics:

SMUD Headquarters   SMUD Customer Service Center

View a map and get directions to SMUD

Visit or write to us:
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Customer Service Center
6301 S St.
Sacramento, CA 95817

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830

Contact our executive managers

Report a problem
Outages: 1-888-456-7683
Downed or damaged power lines or poles: 1-888-456-7683 or 911
Power theft: 916-732-6594
Graffiti on SMUD equipment: 916-732-6043

Service requests
Moving connections: 1-888-742-7683
Construction services: 916-732-5700
Call before you dig: call 811 or go online to www.Call811.com

To file a claim
Fill out this claim form and one identical copy for yourself, include one copy of all attachments and send to this address:

Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Attn: Claims - MS A255
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
You can also fax your claim to: 916-732-5207 (include all attachments)

Can I make payment arrangements? Can I get an extension?

Paying less than the total amount due may put your service in jeopardy of disconnection. For qualified accounts, payment arrangements are available through our automated telephone system or My Account.